My latest Crochet work is a baby blanket using scrap yarn. This has been in the works off and on for the last few months as I would finish a project and then have a bunch of yarn left over. It’s not very big, as I realized it won’t lay flat, but it will do to cover a newborn in a carseat or a moses type basket. You can also see where I ran out of some of the colors – eg. the blue and the Yellow – or where the weights of the yarn weren’t quite the same (thus the double strand green / white edge).
I’m thinking I’ll try this again – but learn to modify the Granny pattern (to have more single crochet) in between each set of 3 stitches as it gets bigger. I’m hopeful that will make the blanket lay flat as it develops.